Saturday, September 8, 2012

Whole30 - Day 8

Saturday, September 8th

Nobody had practice today, and hubby's overtime got canceled, but Pumpkin signed up for a cheer clinic today so no sleeping in.  :(  Oh well, she had fun and the girls spent the afternoon practicing cheers.  Fun for a while, but I eventually sent them outside.  In the rain.  I'm a terrible mom.  LOL

Pumpkin told me on the way home that the coaches said that her mom packed a healthy lunch.  I love our PlanetBoxes.  :)  And I love that SHE picked out everything that went into it:  salami, "circle cheese", cherry tomatoes, green beans, a clementine and some grapes ... and a few dark chocolate chips as a treat.  Of course, they gave all the participants a bag of candy to take home.  Sigh.

7:00AM:  (fasting) 105
7:30AM:  Breakfast - soooo good!  I shredded some raw spinach in a bowl, added 2 over-easy eggs (cooked in coconut oil) and topped them with avocado, chilies and tomatoes; coffee with coconut milk
9:30AM:  91
12:00PM:  sliced baked chicken dipped in homemade mayo, banana
2:00PM:  110
                Afternoon snacks - coconut flakes, banana
7:45PM:  Dinner - bora bora fireballs, sauteed bok choy, steamed carrots, turnip greens
9:45PM:  92

I know I'm not supposed to weigh on the Whole30, but I haven't been able to kick the habit.  And holy monkeys...I'm down about 10 lbs. in as many days.  And I feel freaking FANTASTIC.  I should have done this a year ago, when I first heard about it.  I can't believe I was so afraid to do it!  Not the example I want to set for our kids:  "it's too haaaarrd ... waaaahh"

No comments:

Post a Comment