Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whole30 - Day 3

Another busy busy day!  I finished canning peanuts and never actually got around to canning up the last 10 lbs. of potatoes.  It's insanely difficult to do serious work in the kitchen whilst dodging a toddler.  I finally put him in my carrier on my back just so I could get the dishes washed.  He nearly went to sleep ... a first!  Probably all the bouncing, swaying and dancing around I was doing to keep him entertained.

Quick rundown of the Whole30 food today:

Breakfast - eggs scrambled with onions and spinach.  I can't remember if I used lard or coconut oil.  :/  It was yummy, though!  I had a small cup of black coffee.  I brew mine with a little cinnamon in the grounds and it is quite nice.  Hmm.  I didn't expect to enjoy black coffee so quickly.

Lunch - tuna salad with a hard-cooked egg (the last one, yay!), chopped dill pickles and onions and a dollop of homemade mayo

Dinner - Butternut Squash Lasagna.  I brooked no nonsense from the littles over dinner tonight.  The girls whined and complained, but in the end they both ate a good portion and LIKED it.  Butter Bean ate a man-sized portion.  That kid can EAT when he wants to.  I have a great picture of him enjoying his lasagna.  Wish I could figure out how the heck to post it here.  :(



Snacks - blueberries and more blueberries, plus coconut butter

I'm still desperately craving my stevia-sweetened iced tea.  I'm pretty surprised at how badly I want it; I didn't have this much trouble quitting my Diet Coke habit.  Other than that, I'm doing well.  My appetite is still low, which I'm okay with, and my energy is up.  I'm not craving any off-limits foods in my waking hours, but I did have a scandalous dream about cheesecake and coffee with half-and-half.  I actually woke up guilty, until I realized I didn't actually eat that stuff.  The mind is a funny thing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment