Thursday, September 27, 2012

Whole30 - Day 25

Tuesday, September 25th

I think I may have figured out why my fasting numbers haven't completely fallen back to normal.  I've been told over and over again (ESPECIALLY while I was pregnant with Butter Bean) to make SURE I had a bedtime snack.  It was drilled into my head.  But I go to bed so late and get up so freaking early that if I eat a snack before bed I don't think there's enough time to get a true fasting reading.  Last night we finished dinner at 7:30PM and I went to bed, sans snack, at 11PM.  My bG at 9:30PM was 122.  Up at 4:45AM and my bG was 87!!!  I'm hoping that that little discovery holds true for more than one day.  We'll see.  :)

So here's today's stuff:

4:45AM:  (fasting) - 87
7:30AM:  (breakfast) - shredded spinach, 3 fried eggs, guacamole, small cup of coffee with a cinnamon stick
9:30AM:  87
12:00PM:  (lunch)  turkey burgers, salad and homemade ranch dressing
2:00PM:  91
5:00PM:  (dinner)  Butternut Squash Lasagna  This stuff is AMAZING.  So much so that a more-than-double batch lasted for exactly one dinner with leftovers for lunch for me and hubby.  The girls will eat it; they don't love it yet.  But I will continue to make it until they do because dayum it is good.  NOTE:  I couldn't find store-bought pizza sauce sans sugar, so I made my own Paleo Pizza Sauce with these changes:  I doubled the recipe, used onion powder instead of dried minced onion, and added enough water so that the doubled batch equaled 1 quart.  The original recipe is VERY thick; I wanted it much thinner, and I needed a LOT.
7:00PM:  forgot to test ... 2 back-to-back games!
8:45PM:  105

I've been snacking throughout the day on in-the-shell pistachios -- too much of them.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment