Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fall Garden?

I woke up with a long list of things in mind that I wanted to accomplish today. Then again, when don't I? It kind of goes hand-in-hand with 3 kids and a wanna-be farm, I guess. Anyway, the #1 priority for me today was working on cleaning up my herb/kitchen garden beds. They're in a dreadful state of neglect and I'm determined to have a fall garden this year.

Suffice it to say that it's nearly suppertime and I haven't done one blasted thing in the garden today. What I DID do, in no particular order:


  • Got rid of the ants. (Yay me!)

  • Cleaned up a mess on the back porch.

  • Gave Butter Bean a bath after he peed all over himself and the changing table.

  • Fed & watered the chickens and moved the tractor.

  • Baked 4 loaves of bread.

  • Made a batch of White Sauce Butter Balls for the freezer: http://chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/white-sauce-butter-balls/

  • Put dinner in the oven (Honey Baked Lentils & rice).

  • Cuddled and fed the baby.

  • Took a nap (we both fell asleep while doing the above).

  • Changed diapers. A lot.

  • Washed a mountain of dishes.

  • Discussed OB's and the birthing culture in our area with a pregnant friend while doing some of the above. 'Cause I can multitask! :D

I still want to pull some weeds and plant some seeds. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment